Vitamins for the heart - nutrients that support the work of the cardiovascular system. In addition, nutrients have a restorative effect, support the viability of the human body.
The heart is the most important organ, which is a kind of motor that ensures the movement of blood inside the vessels. However, often he experiences overload due to the flow of an increased volume of blood to his individual cavities.
According to the World Health Organization, annually from cardiovascular diseases (CVD) 17.5 million people die worldwide, of which 6.7 million die from stroke and 7.4 million from coronary disease.
Consider how to maintain a healthy heart and what are the best drugs for the body.
Why does the heart suffer?
Reasons for the development of CVD:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- deficiency of macro- and microelements, vitamins;
- stressful situations;
- lack of sleep;
- uncontrolled intake of pain medications such as Validol, Corvalol, Nitroglycerin, which serve as a whip for the muscle;
- alcohol abuse, smoking;
- systematic overwork;
- high blood pressure;
- unbalanced diet.
As a result, under the weight of excessive loads, a diligent worker - our heart, begins to malfunction and may refuse to work at any time. This increases the predisposition to the development of seizures, angina pectoris, thrombosis, stroke, varicose veins, arrhythmias, fibrillation, extrasystoles, endo-, myo- and pericarditis, arterial hypertension, myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease, heart failure, cardiosclerosis, ventricular or atrial hypertrophy.
The consequences of the manifestation of these pathologies are disability (partial, complete), disability or death. To avoid such a difficult outcome, you should support the work of the heart throughout life: eat foods and take nutrients containing a set of healthy vitamins and minerals for the body.
Who needs vitamins?
Today, most people think about supporting the heart and blood vessels only after the detection of the disease. It is known that prevention is easier than cure.
Prevention of CVD will help to avoid progression and the appearance of the disease. Remember this!
Vitamin-mineral complexes in support of the heart and blood vessels are shown:
- people of mature age (35+);
- patients with pathologies of the lower extremities, vessels of the head;
- children and adolescents (as directed by a doctor, under adult supervision);
- workers performing heavy physical labor or staying in hazardous industries;
- patients suffering from severe cardiovascular disease.
If you belong to one of the above categories, before undergoing vitamin therapy, consult a physician or cardiologist. Based on the clinical history, the doctor will prescribe the most suitable heart preparations, determine the dose of their consumption, the duration of therapy and the most favorable time of the year for the course.
Vitamins and Vitamin-like Compounds for the Heart
- Ascorbic acid (C). It enhances metabolic processes, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and prevents the formation of excess cholesterol. In addition, it protects the nervous system from stress, which, as you know, affects all organs and systems. Contained in apples, rose hips, blackcurrant fruits. The daily requirement is 100 milligrams.
- Tocopherol (E). It inhibits the oxidation of lipids, cleanses from free radicals, reduces the viscosity of the blood, facilitating its transport through the blood vessels. Contained in egg yolk, walnut, almond, liver, vegetable oils. The daily requirement is 10 milligrams.
- Rutin (R). Reduces vascular permeability and fragility, restores their elasticity. Due to these properties, food and dietary supplements (Ascorutin) containing vitamin P are prescribed for increased bleeding. Natural sources: raspberries, apples, citrus fruits, fruits of aronia. The daily requirement is 40 milligrams.
- Thiamine (B1). It stimulates the contraction of the heart muscle, supports it in an elastic state, normalizes the rhythm. Lack of vitamin B1 in the body is accompanied by painful sensations, arrhythmia, shortness of breath, attacks. Thiamine "makes" the heart muscles work evenly. Natural sources: cereals, coffee beans.
Injection preparations containing vitamin B1: Cocarboxylase, Passilate, Thiamine Chloride. The daily requirement is 2 milligrams.
- Niacin (B3). Expands blood vessels, relieves spasm, prevents blood clots, lowers blood pressure (BP), and protects against heart attacks. Niacin is found in fish, eggs, legumes, chicken, green peas, liver, kidneys. The daily requirement is 20 milligrams.
- Pyridoxine (B6). It normalizes fat metabolism, regulates blood pressure, participates in the formation of blood cells. B6 removes excess cholesterol, prevents the blockage of blood vessels, protects against stroke, heart attack, atherosclerosis. Contained in dairy products, fish, meat. The daily requirement is 2 milligrams.
Pyridoxine, thiamine, cyanocobalamin are part of the Milgamma preparation, which has a complex effect on the body, and is indicated in the treatment of diseases of the brain and cardiovascular system.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (F). It is believed that all triglycerides are harmful to the body. However, this is a myth. Linolenic, linoleic, arachidonic fatty acids are indispensable for the work of the heart. They form the basis of cell membranes, give them flexibility, ensuring the functioning of the heart muscles.
In general, vitamin F is used as an energy material that lowers cholesterol and harmful fats in the blood. It reduces the load on the heart, prevents the formation of plaques in the vessels, and establishes the heart rhythm. Natural sources: vegetable oil, seafood.
For normal heart function, the minimum dose of omega-3 intake is 1 gram per day.
- Coenzyme Q10. The greatest amount of compound is concentrated in the heart muscle. Coenzyme is involved in the synthesis of molecules that are responsible for the transport of energy. Without these "vectors", heart contraction is impossible. The amount of coenzyme Q10 in the human body gradually decreases with age and by the age of 60 is 50% of the limit value. Amid a lack of coenzyme, heart failure develops.
Vitamin-like substance exhibits antioxidant properties, protecting the body from the oxidative effects of free radicals, and also improves the nutrition of the muscle organ. Q10 deficiency causes heart rhythm disturbance, arterial sclerosis, premature myocardial aging.
In the human body, coenzyme is synthesized from plant fats in the liver that come from food. The daily requirement starts from 30 milligrams and increases with age to 100 milligrams.
- Amino acid L-carnitine. Burns excess fat, turning it into energy for the heart, without which the work of the organ is impossible. Therefore, people with cardiovascular pathologies are in great need of carnitine. In addition, the amino acid reduces the level of bad cholesterol, body fat, which leads to the formation of plaques, the development of hypertension. L-carnitine moderately lowers blood pressure, recommended as a food supplement ("Lamine"). The daily dose is 500 milligrams.
- Lecithin (translated from Greek as "egg yolk"). This is the main vehicle for supplying nutrients to the heart. Lecithin keeps cholesterol in a dissolved state, preventing it from being deposited on the walls of blood vessels. In addition, the "egg yolk" stabilizes the level of fat in the blood, increases hemoglobin.
Indications for use: coronary heart disease, atherosclerosis, heart failure, hypertension, cardiomyopathy (prevention and treatment). It is especially important to use the compound after a heart attack and stroke. This is due to the fact that during the recovery period, heart tissues experience an increased need for lecithin. Its deficiency slows down the delivery of vitamins and nutrients to the cells of the damaged organ. Daily requirement - 6000 milligrams.
Remember, the largest amount of lecithin is concentrated in the heart. Therefore, the health of the body depends on the quantity and regularity of the intake of this component.
According to experts, vegetable lecithin, extracted from soybeans, is much more effective than an animal obtained from chicken eggs.
Macro and micronutrients for the heart
- Magnesium. Improves blood flow, exhibits a vasodilating effect. The mineral levels the rhythm, maintains the balance of potassium in the body, reduces blood pressure, the likelihood of blood clots, and alleviates pain in angina pectoris. In addition, magnesium is involved in the development of three hundred enzymes necessary for the proper functioning of the heart. The lack of this trace element leads to hypertension.
Regular intake of magnesium in the body keeps the vessels and muscles in good shape, allows the heart to beat evenly and better withstand stress. The daily norm is 400 milligrams. Natural sources: dried fruits, nuts, herbs, soybeans, seafood, lentils, beans.
- Selenium. It neutralizes free radicals, improves the absorption of nutrients. According to clinical studies, it was found that the less selenium in the body, the higher the risk of clogging of the arteries going to the heart. The lack of trace elements increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, coronary disease by 70%. The daily norm is 0.15 milligrams. Contained in whole grains, seafood, liver, onions, garlic.
- Potassium. It prevents the accumulation of excess sodium (sodium chloride) in the body, which increases blood pressure and contributes to the onset of a heart attack. Thus, potassium protects the internal "motor" from overload and disruption. In addition, the mineral is involved in the conductivity of the electrical impulse along the nerve fiber of the heart muscle, followed by its contraction. The daily norm is 2000 milligrams.
Natural sources: carrots, nuts, potatoes, apricots, cabbage, dried apricots, medicines - "Asparkam", "Panangin".
- Phosphorus. It is the building material of cell membranes. Without this microelement, transmission of nerve impulses, muscle contractions are impossible. The daily norm is 1500 milligrams. Contained in dried fruits, bran, asparagus, seafood.
- Calcium. Strengthens blood vessels and improves myocardial contractility. Contained in cottage cheese, cheese, fish, brown algae. The lack of an element can be covered with the help of medications: Calcemin, Calcium D3 Nycomed. The daily consumption rate is 1100 milligrams.
Full assimilation of the macrocell is hindered by: strong tea, coffee, carbonated and alcoholic drinks, milk, wheat bran, cilantro, spinach, dill. Therefore, you should refuse to take these products when undergoing vitamin therapy.
Remember, animal protein increases the excretion of calcium from the body (with urine).
- Chromium. Enhances the action of insulin. If the exchange of protein hormone of the pancreas is disturbed in the human body, the risk of heart disease increases by 70%. Chromium deficiency causes a diabetes-like condition, coronary heart disease, arterial hypertension, atherosclerosis, and also increases blood cholesterol.
The trace element increases life expectancy, as it maintains the "purity" of blood vessels, provides free circulation of blood through the capillaries, arteries, and body. The daily norm is 200 milligrams. Contained in fish, chicken, buckwheat, rice, beets, dates, raspberries.
Chromium is a part of the following dietary supplements: "Sveltform", "Khromvitala".
The daily norms of vitamins, macro- and microelements are indicated for adults who perform work with the optimal value of neuro-emotional, physical, mental stress. The level of nutrient consumption depends on working conditions, the environmental situation of the territory of residence, age, body weight, physiological characteristics of the body (period of pregnancy, lactation), health status, and the severity of the symptoms of hypovitaminosis. The daily dose, frequency and duration of the intake of vitamins and minerals is prescribed by the doctor.
Dietary supplements to support the health of blood vessels and heart muscle:
- "Hawthorn forte." The composition of dietary supplements includes: potassium, magnesium, hawthorn. The drug has a strengthening, antiarrhythmic and hypotensive effects, lowers cholesterol, normalizes sleep. Method of application - 1 capsule three times a day. The course of administration is 1 month, then they take a break for 20 days and, to enhance the effect, the product is repeated.
Not a drug.
- Biovital. The supplement is based on complex iron and vitamins C, PP, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, B12. Strengthens the cardiovascular and nervous systems, improves blood formation, supports the body during overloads.
Indications for use: treatment of hypo- and vitamin deficiency, iron deficiency anemia, diseases of the cardiovascular, nervous systems. Used to maintain the body during physical, mental overload. Method of application: 1 tablet 3 times a day.
- "Direct". The vitamin mixture is based on thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, the organic form of potassium and magnesium, flowers of hawthorn, fruits of ginkgo biloba, wild rose.
A complex of biological substances and nutrients is created to nourish and support the normal functioning of the heart. It accelerates the restoration of tissue structures of the heart muscle, inhibits the development of coronary atherosclerosis, improves blood circulation and contractile function of the myocardium. Take 1 tablet 1 time per day.
- Asparkam (Panangin). The composition of the drug includes magnesium and potassium, which normalize the electrolyte balance, due to which arrhythmia disappears. In addition, the complex improves the contractile function of skeletal muscles, the digestive tract.
Indications for use: hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, coronary artery disease, cardiac arrhythmias, chronic circulatory failure, paroxysms of atrial fibrillation, ventricular extrasystole.
Take 3 times daily after meals. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor.
- "Vitrum Cardio Omega-3". The drug is a combination of polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. It is a lipid-lowering drug that reduces the level of lipoproteins, triglycerides, and cholesterol in the blood.
The complex supports the cardiovascular system, exhibits anti-inflammatory effects, improves lipoprotein metabolism, and reduces thrombosis. The drug is used for vitamin E hypovitaminosis, in the complex treatment of the treatment of atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension, lipid metabolism disorders, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
The daily dose is 3 capsules, the minimum course of treatment is 1 month.
- Antiox. Contains extract of grape meal, gingko-biloba and antioxidants for the heart: vitamins A, E, C, selenium, zinc. The drug improves blood microcirculation, protects against clogging of blood vessels, inhibits platelet aggregation.
Antioxidant is indicated for cerebral arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris, heart attack, varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, venous insufficiency, stroke, peripheral circulation disorders, arthritis, coronary artery disease.
The recommended dose is 1 capsule per day.
- Riboxin. It enhances heart oxygen supply and muscle protein synthesis, strengthens the myocardium, normalizes rhythm, improves blood supply to the coronary vessels, and increases the resistance of cells to hypoxia.
Indications for use: coronary disease, arrhythmia, hepatitis, cirrhosis. Method of application: 4 times a day for 1 to 3 months.
Other drugs that improve heart function: Doppelherz Cardiovital, CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10), Maxi-Chel, Synchron-7, Cardiohels.
Natural Vitamin Sources
To maintain heart health, it is recommended to nourish the "internal motor" with vitamins, macro- and microelements of natural origin.
- olive and linseed oil (first extraction);
- dried apricots;
- fish (sardines, herring, tuna, salmon, mackerel);
- natural dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 70%;
- soy products;
- green salad;
To avoid overexcitation of the heart nerve, increase cholesterol and increase blood pressure, limit your intake:
- cooking fats;
- red meat;
- too oily fish.
Vitamins for the heart are compounds that support the constant functioning of a vital organ. They nourish the heart muscle, remove harmful cholesterol, toxins, toxins, participate in the construction of cell walls. In addition, nutrients reduce blood viscosity, strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Due to this, the likelihood of developing CVD is reduced by 70%.
To maintain heart health, each person needs to regularly take L-carnitine, Omega-3, lecithin, vitamins E, P, B, C, magnesium, potassium, as well as move more, drink 2.5 liters of water per day, monitor nutrition, refuse to take harmful products, avoid stress and normalize the load.